Regatta organizers implemented a few simple changes that helped them run a more environmentally friendly regatta. This included:
- Increasing trash & recycling bins around the facilities.
- Encouraged participants to do their registration online.
- Educated Sailors about Clean Regattas.
- When printing was necessary they used only recycled paper.
- A Green Team of local student volunteered to collect trash around the perimeter of the Club.
- Re-used zip lock lunch bags.
- Provided sailors with refillable water bottles and set up 6 cold water stations around the Club. Preventing the use of 1,583 plastic bottles (600 ml bottles)!
These small steps add up to make a big difference and we are very excited for the expansion of Clean Regattas to Mexico!