Sailors for the Sea engages boaters around the world, encouraging them to learn more about ocean health and to become environmental stewards. Sailors for the Sea highlights in 2011 include:
- 75,000 Clean Regatta Participants
- Launch of Rainy Day Kits and 10,000 kids taught with this year
- 5,675 People read Ocean Watch Essays
- 14,800 Water bottles not used at the 18 US SAILING Championships (See how this makes a difference)
- Named an official sustainability of the 34th America’s Cup; all 3 world series events certified as Clean Regattas
- Publishing of One Island, One Ocean: The Epic Environmental Journey Around the Americas
- Charleston Race Week, The Atlantic Cup and Figawi Race Weekend among the 100 plus Clean Regattas this year.
- Tiller, our resident office dog launched Salty Dogs for ocean conservation.
The results: cleaner oceans, smarter boating and healthier harbors.
To maximize these opportunities, we hope you will contribute to Sailors for the Sea. Your fully tax-deductible charitable gift will have a powerful impact on our ocean conservation goals.
The Crew at Sailors for the Sea
Share with us: What was your favorite memory on the water in 2011?